About Me

My photo
I became interested in photography after having my children. I love catching those moments of baseball, dance & everyday life. I like being outside in the natural light and seeing the beautiful eyes of little ones sparkle. You can check here to see sneak peeks of your sessions and happenings with my family. You can contact me at 679-8851 or email me mlmphotography@aol.com

MaryLambertPhotography.com

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where did the month go?


It seems like we just had Thanksgiving dinner and now Christmas has come and gone. This year I had to work Christmas Eve so that put a big damper on everything. We spent most of the day hanging around the house so I could nap. At 525pm I hoped my phone would ring telling me you can stay home we don't need you tonight. WRONG...my phone never rang so off to work I go. It was a long night. Which is good and bad. Not one baby born until 525am of course when it is time to finish up and leave in a couple of hours all these babies start popping out. I can home and the kids were still in bed. Yeah. M and I got the last little things together and then got the kids up. Can you believe we have to wake them up. M. was so excited he got an ipod. He has been begging for an ipod for months he saved his birthday money and has been bugging me to let him buy it. He even got a docking station to play it in. E. got a mini laptop. The look on her face was priceless. Of course with there bigger gifts it made the other gifts slim. But neither seemed to mind. They didn't want to put their santa gifts down to open their other gifts. After Big M. and I open our gifts (yes I did get my small pocket camera) and he got a blu ray DVD player. I layed down for a 30 minute nap before heading to Grammie's for breakfast.

I never should have laid down. I didn't want to get back up. Off to Grammie's we go for a great breakfast. Which just made me sleeper. The kids showed off their santa gifts with excitement. But couldn't wait to open their gifts. They racked up from Grammie and Great-Grammie. We hung out over there for a few hours which I mostly slept. I felt so bad for sleeping. We planned on doing family mini photo shoot but I was just to tired. Big M. thinks I forgot but I didn't. He just smirks when I bring it up.

Finally after a 3 hour nap back home we head to Nana's to finish out Christmas day. We had a big delicious dinner and then the kids tore into the gifts from Nana. It was so late and I was very tired by then we didn't stay long. This was a long day for everyone. I have made up for it the last 2 days. No one has gotten up til about 12pm each day. I am thankful everyday for my family.

3 comments:

gabgirl said...

kuddos to the super working mom! :)

we're right there with you...the gifts get pricier every year, so they get fewer as well!! boy's don't seem to mind 'cause they're getting exactly what they want. sounds like yours were the same!

yeah for mike & the camera!! :) he did good!
gg

kara said...

sounds like you guys have a marathon christmas, too...and without any sleep!

have thought the same thing as you and g. kids have definitely hit the age of pricey electronic gifts, and i am guessing it's just gonna get worse. mine don't seem to mind not getting all the little stuff, either. kinda nice not to have all that stuff to find a place for! ;)

gabgirl said...

ha!ha! you keep changing your template too!! glad to see i'm not the only one with add & obsession over my page! you and kara make me feel "normal!"

i can't get mine "right"...whatever that is!